Serves 6, approximately 1 1/2 cups per serving Cook Time: 35 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Passive Time: None
1/4 cup olive oil
5 Vidalia onions, sliced thin
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped 1/2 cup red zinfandel wine
8 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cashew cheese, shredded
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting.
- Add the olive oil to the cooker. Once the olive oil is hot, add in the Vidalia onions and soy sauce.
- Sauté the onions for 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the baking soda and stir. Continue cooking the onions, stirring frequently for an additional 3 minutes.
- Seal the pressure cooker and cook on high for 20
- Using the quick release option, release the steam from the
cooker and carefully open the lid.
- Turn the cooker back to the sauté setting and add in the
fresh thyme and red zinfandel wine. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until the wine has mostly reduced.
- Add the vegetable stock to the cooker and replace the lid.
- Turn the cooker back to the pressure cook setting and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Use the quick release option once again to release the steam.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with shredded cashew cheese before serving.
Calories 164.2, Total Fat 8.4 g, Saturated Fat 1.4 g, Cholesterol o.o mg, Total Carbohydrates no g, Sugars 2.8 g, Dietary Fiber 2.4 g, Sodium 1,693.5 mg, Potassium 220.9 mg, Protein 2.1 g