Serves 6, approximately 1 1/2 cups per serving Cook Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Passive Time: None
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup Vidalia onion, chopped
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root 1 tablespoon jalapefio pepper, minced
5 cups carrots, coarsely grated
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup couscous
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting and add the coconut
- Next, add in the Vidalia onion, ginger and jalapefio pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes or until highly fragrant.
- Add the carrots, coriander, and curry powder to the cooker and sauté for 5 minutes before adding in the vegetable broth.
- Seal the cooker and set it to the pressure cook setting. Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Using the quick release option, release the steam from the
- At this point, if you prefer a creamier textured soup, you can remove the lid and blend the soup using an immersion blender. For a chunkier soup, leave as is.
- Add the couscous to the Instant Pot and seal.
- Pressure cook for 7 minutes.
Calories 205.9, Total Fat 5.3 g, Saturated Fat 3.9 g, Cholesterol o.o mg, Total Carbohydrates 36.7 g, Sugars 6.3 g, Dietary Fiber 4.6 g, Sodium 703.7 mg, Potassium 396.2 mg, Protein 5.o g