Serves: 4, two tacos with approximately 1/2 cup filling in each per serving
Cook Time:15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Passive Time: None
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, sliced
4 medium sized beets, cubed
2 cups kale, chopped
1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons brown sugar 1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup fresh corn kernels 1 avocado, cubed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro 8 corn tortilla shells 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt or vegan sour cream substitute
- Place the olive oil in the Instant Pot and choose the sauté
- Once the oil is hot, add in the onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Next, mix together the lime juice, cumin, brown sugar and vegetable broth.
- Add the beets, kale, chipotle peppers and the mixed sauce into the cooker. Stir.
- Cook, using the pressure cook option, on high heat for 10
- Use the quick release option to release the steam from the
- Carefully remove the lid from the cooker and stir.
- If the contents are a little to watery for use as a taco filling, switch the cooker to the sauté setting and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates and the vegetables
- Spoon equal amounts of the beet filing into corn tortilla
- Top each taco with fresh corn kernels, avocado, cilantro, and
soy yogurt or vegan sour cream substitute before serving.
Calories 368.3, Total Fat 14.1 g, Saturated Fat 2.4 g, Cholesterol o.o mg, Total Carbohydrates 58.2 g, Sugars 13.8 g, Dietary Fiber 13.8 g, Sodium 327.8 mg, Potassium 959.1 mg, Protein 9.8 g